Friday, April 30, 2010

This past Monday I arrived in Durango, Co. to visit Cali and Tony. My week has been busy seeing everything. Monday we visited Tony's office and I got the grand tour. Then home to great dinner. Tuesday we got new hairdo's and walked around Durango for a time. Wednesday we drove up to 9000+ feet to see Silverton (a mining town) and then over to Ouray. Both are small towns with lot's of shops and tours. But, most were still closed for winter hours. Thursday we met Tony and his Mom at a nice restaurant in Durango for lunch and then walked to an Old Time Photo Place and got our pictures taken as Victorian ladies. Then we drove out to Honeyville and I ordered some different kinds of honey to be shipped home. (Can't carry them on the plane) They are for gifts. Then we headed back home. Cali cooked a great meal and after a little time passed we drove over to Pagosa Springs. I cannot believe this but I actually got in and soaked in that nice steamy water. Sign said it was 99 but it felt a lot hotter. The first "pool" we got in looked out over the river and I just kind of laid there and relaxed. Helped my knee. We moved down to another "pool" and it was a little hotter but felt really good. Around 10:15pm we got out, dried off, and went to Sonic for a hot dog and a Slush. Apparently the hot water makes you hungry and thirsty. Today Cali and I are going on a train ride up to Cascade something. It takes two hours to get there and then you stay 45 minutes and then two hours back. So we are taking a picnic lunch and planning on taking some pictures for Cali's portfolio. She is a future professional photographer. Not sure what the rest of the week has in store but I am sure I will be out of breath and thirsty. Not use to these Altitudes. Ha. Ha. I have gotten a few souvenirs. The mountains are fantastic. Hope my pictures come out good. Will update with pictures when I return to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment