Sunday, March 28, 2010

Garden

I did not realize I had not written in a while so I will try to update. The weather has been crazy as is usual for Texas. Spring seemed to be coming and then another freak snowstorm last Sunday. Thank goodness we had not put the plants in the ground yet. Steve is living with me and he loves to work in the yard and so I now have this great garden in my backyard. We have planted 3 kinds of tomatoes, red onions, garlic, romaine lettuce, green peppers, several herbs, grape and blueberry bushes, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers and will add green beans and green onions this week. I also got a couple of hanging baskets. Oh yeah, and Steve has a pineapple plant. So if we get a few things to grow we will have some fresh veggies from the yard. I have all the ingredients for a salad except mushrooms. And we are NOT planting mushrooms. I don't think. When we start getting some produce I will take pictures.
Life is good. I am still working at the Temple and love every minute. I still go to Sarah's on Tuesday's and they come here for Sunday dinner once a month.
I am preparing to go to Colorado in a few weeks and Steve will hold down the fort. May will be busy with Jacob's graduation and then his wedding. I am looking forward to both of those.

2 comments:

  1. I saw my book listed as a book you've read lately. Thank you!! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

    Your garden sounds wonderful. I hope to plant tomatoes soon, but that's the extent of my gardening. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy it very much. As you can see from my list I read pretty much anything as long as it's clean. I am enjoying my garden. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete