Friday, March 23, 2012

Mission Update

Church History Library

I am now serving in the Church History Library. It is a very interesting place. So much history on those people who worked so hard to bring the restoration about and all the special papers and books that have been collected over the years.

I have been walking around Temple Square seeing all the sights. It is amazing how much work and how many people are hard at work to keep it clean and beautiful.

Today I had a great day. Received my ticket to General Conference for next weekend. Also, met Julie B.Beck. She is the President of the General Relief Society Board of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a chance meeting but, very nice. She was very kind and very open.

Monday morning at the Mission Devotional I will have to give my talk. Each missionary gives a talk telling a little about themselves. And my turn is Monday. I have had my talk ready for a while. Got my letter of invitation last week. Will be glad when it’s over.

I am enjoying my mission but miss being able to see my children and grandchildren.

I love my Savior with all my heart and know He is happy with my decisions. I want to serve Him and be an example of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment