Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trip to Alabama



I just returned from Alabama and had a Wonderful time. I stayed with Katy and Jacob in their new home and was able to go to two football games and watch Jacob in action with his students. He is very competent as a teacher. You can tell how much the students respect him and listen to him. Katy is also well loved by the students. Many came over for halloween and a party was had. Lot's of parents brought food and dropped off their children showing their trust of Jacob. It is funny to hear people call him Mr. Souder. I was also able to see and visit with Mary and Gene and Steve and Brittany and Casey. Mary has her own thrift store and is helping those in need. She is very compassionate, a wonderful trait. Steve is starting at Toyota on the 22nd and I hope that works out well for him. Casey is about the same. Jacob and Katy had the siblings over for a cookout and then again for dinner while I was there.
I am really glad I decided to stay the entire time with them. I saw two of my friends while there and was able to go out with them twice. Visiting old friends is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment